Jane Ledger Profile
Jane Ledger is an interior designer specialising in high-end residential interiors. Based in Perth, she also practises in Melbourne, Sydney and beyond.
Jane came to interior design after a career in the corporate sector – first as a lawyer, then on the management team of a large national law firm. “I enjoyed these roles but had a yearning to live a more creative life, working for myself and creating beautiful spaces for others.”
After studying at the International School of Colour & Design in Sydney, Jane turned a long-held passion into a business, Jane Ledger Interiors. “I never realised the skills I picked up in my previous life would be useful in my career as a design creative.
But I now know they are a unique part of my offering. Not only am I obsessed by creating beautiful spaces, I’m also obsessed by client service, detail and delivery. So when you engage me, you’re getting two brains – the creative, design-focused, passionate and highly communicative side of me, as well as the meticulous, detail-oriented and organised side”.
Read more about the nature of Jane’s practice here.
Jane is an experienced presenter and loves using these skills in the design industry.
- In 2016, Jane presented alongside Neale Whitaker at the Vogue Living/King Living design events in Perth. Presenting with Neale Whitaker
- In 2017, she appeared live on The Sky News Real Estate program discussing bathroom renovations. Jane Ledger Interiors on Sky News
- Jane taught Colour Theory for the Dulux Training Academy in WA and SA for 3 years after returning to Perth from 2014-2017.
- In 2018, Jane presented to the design industry alongside Suzanne Hunt Architect and Kim Pearson Interior Designer for West Elm.
- Most of all, she loves presenting to clients. “The passion I feel for design, colour, texture and the creation of a beautiful interior is something I love to share with my clients. Designing your interiors should be fun and the end result leave you feeling joy. These are the things that drive me in my practice today”.
Stylist and Imagery
Creating beautiful imagery of interiors is an integral part of Jane’s work. “I love working with architectural and editorial photographers to capture the homes I’ve worked on (Portfolio), as well as campaigns for others (eg Sealy Australia)”.
Jane’s style is clean and pared back, allowing the shape, texture and materiality of architectural elements blend with beautifully curated interior furnishings.
Her account was listed as one of “The Top 7 Interiors accounts to follow in 2018” by Real Estate.com.au.
Jane has diplomas in Colour, Design and Interior Styling (graduating with Highly Commended awards) from the International School of Colour & Design.
She also has a Bachelor of Laws, a Graduate Diploma of Business (Marketing major) and a Master of Human Resource Management.
Originally from Perth, Jane spent 12 years in Sydney before returning to Perth in 2014.